Terms & Conditions
These agreements and policies apply to customers and users in North America.
To view agreements for a different location, select from the list below.
Our booking conditions
Booking Terms & Conditions (CA)
Welcome on board! We’re glad to have you join us! Whilst these may seem long or tedious, it’s important you take some time to have a read. We want to make sure we start our relationship off on the right foot, and avoid any surprises later on.
If you do not understand anything written here, please get in touch with us before agreeing to them, as these are binding.
In these Booking Terms & Conditions, references to "you" and "your" include the first named person on the booking and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made or any other person to whom a booking is added or transferred.
By making a booking, you agree that:
- You have read these Booking Terms & Conditions, understand them and agree to be bound by them.
- You are over 18 years of age, unless we received signed authority from a legal guardian.
- You understand that we are not an employment agency, and the trip you’re booking is for the purpose of cultural exchange only.
- You do not have any criminal convictions that would make you ineligible for required visas or entry permits when booking this trip.
- If you have any medical conditions that may affect your participation, comfort or safety in this trip, you must check with us first before booking. If you do not disclose medical conditions during the booking process, you will be considered as fit and healthy. If you later advise us about medical conditions, you acknowledge that the standard cancellation terms will apply.
- Pets cannot be taken on any of our trips.
- If you're booking a Working Holiday trip, you confirm that you can commit to a minimum of 4 months in-country to a potential Host Organisation to be eligible for this trip.
- Booking and Paying your Trip
- To begin your booking you need to complete our online booking form and pay a deposit of up to $695. This deposit becomes non-refundable upon submission of your online booking registration. If you are booking within 90 days of departure of the trip, the full cost of the trip will become payable at the time of booking.
- If we consider that you are unsuitable for participation, we reserve the right to return your deposit and reject your booking at our sole discretion.
- If you book more than one trip with us at the same time, you may be required to pay more than one deposit and this will be advised to you at the time of booking.
- If we accept your booking we will confirm this to you in writing through an email invitation to create a gWorld account, and a binding contract will then come into existence between you and us.
- The balance of the cost of your trip is due by the latest 90 days prior to your tentative date of departure, though we highly recommend settling your trip balance as soon as possible after booking. If we do not receive this balance in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you and the cancellation charges set out in Clause 8 below will become payable. The sooner you settle your trip balance, the sooner your trip can be confirmed and guaranteed not to change.
- If you are booking a Teach or Volunteer trip the general standards of health, safety and hygiene in the countries to be visited may not be comparable to Canadian standards. We will endeavour to prepare you for the likely standards that you will encounter during your trip but we cannot be held liable for any complaints as to standards which we have adequately represented to you in advance.
- We provide all pricing in $CAD or $USD only. Payment methods accepted are bank deposit, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard & American Express. We do not accept cheques or cash.
- Work Finding Services
- Where you have booked a Working Holiday, Teach or Au Pair trip with us, introducing you to job opportunities as part of your chosen trip may constitute a work-finding service. We can confirm that no fee is charged by us for any of the work-finding services provided as part of your trip and all payments are made to us for travel products and support services that will be available to you during your participation in the trip for the purpose of cultural exchange only. Furthermore, we can confirm that the provision of the work finding services set out here and on our website are not conditional upon you using any additional service offered by us.
- It is a condition of our contract with you that you obtain a comprehensive insurance policy (or policies) to cover all risks normally associated with taking part in your chosen trip. We have travel insurance products we can refer to you.
- You must be satisfied that your insurance fully covers all of your personal requirements including cancellation charges, medical expenses etc. It is essential that you understand what risks and activities your policy covers; for example, some policies do not cover paid or voluntary work or snow sports.
- We cannot be held responsible for any losses which you incur if your insurance fails to provide you with adequate cover. You must provide us with proof of valid and adequate personal travel insurance cover in respect of your trip no less than 60 days prior to departure. We will not check the suitability of your chosen policy. It remains your responsibility to ensure that any policy(ies) are suitable and provide the necessary cover.
- If you fail to provide proof of insurance then we reserve the right to treat your trip as cancelled by you. The cancellation charges set out in Clause 8 below will become payable.
- If booking your flights through us, we will take responsibility for ensuring you arrive at the correct date, time and airport for your trip’s requirements. If booking flights independently, it’s your responsibility to ensure you arrange for your flight to arrive at the applicable airport for your trip on the time and date we stipulate, and provide us with your confirmed itinerary no less than 60 days before arrival. We will not be responsible for any costs or losses incurred by you should you fail to organise your travel arrangements accordingly and not through us.
- For Working Holiday trips only: You acknowledge that there is an arrival blackout period from December 15 to January 15, during which time many, if not all, arrival and support services may be reduced or unavailable and are therefore suggested to arrive well in advance or after this period.
- Job Opportunities
- 1st Job Opportunity: If you’re booking a Working Holiday, you will be provided with your 1st job opportunity either prior to your arrival or within your first 4 days of checking-in with our local office in your destination country. If you do not receive your 1st job opportunity within these timeframes we will continue to extend your hostel accommodation free of charge until you receive your 1st job opportunity. This guarantee will not apply if you decline your 1st job opportunity. If you’re booking an Au Pair trip, you will be presented with pre-screened Host Families as part of the matching process, and matched with a Host Family before departure, unless you decline all matches.
- “Unlimited additional job opportunities" for Working Holiday trips are conditional upon you completing your previous term and giving appropriate notice of resignation to your Host Organisation. You should give us at least 4 weeks advance notice in order to receive additional job opportunities.
- A “job opportunity” is defined as a request from a potential Host Organisation or Family to interview you either via telephone, Skype or in-person, or an offer made by a Host Organisation or Family to host you on your cultural exchange trip. You may be introduced to job opportunities based on your previous work experience, attitude and planned time spent in the destination country. However, it is your responsibility to secure and sustain your employment. We will not be held responsible for the outcome of your trip should you not respond to job opportunities, purposely or unwillingly reject job opportunities, or act in a way that hinders or prevents your matching with a Host Organisation or Family.
- We are not and do not purport or hold ourselves to be an employment or recruitment agency. We and third parties assist you for the purposes of cultural exchange and in order to help you make the most of your journey overseas, which might include introducing you to job opportunities we or third parties have become aware of. You understand that we do not offer to find you employment or to negotiate or administer the terms of your job opportunities or employment contracts. We have no control over the employment process and you understand that we do not guarantee that you will be suitable for employment, or obtain employment, with a particular Host Organisation or Family. Should you be unsuccessful in your initial job opportunity we will, at our sole discretion, introduce you to further opportunities with other Host Organisations or Families until all avenues have been exhausted, however, you cannot hold us liable or responsible for the outcome of your job application with any Host Organisation or Family identified to you as a job opportunity during your trip.
- We do not charge a fee for attempting to secure or securing you employment nor are you required to use any services or resources offered by us. Job opportunities are an optional travel service to receive and you do not have to claim this inclusion. You acknowledge that there is no relationship of employer and employee between you and us.
- Cutting your Trip Short
- Changes by you & Transfers of Bookings
- If you wish to change your trip after our confirmation has been issued, you must inform us in writing as soon as possible. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your requested change.
- Where we can meet a request, all changes will be subject to payment of any applicable price difference or extra costs incurred either by ourselves or our suppliers. Where we are unable to assist and you do not wish to proceed with the original booking we will treat this as a cancellation by you. A cancellation fee may be payable, see Clause 8 below.
- If you or any member of your party is prevented from travelling, that person(s) may transfer their place
to someone else, subject to the following conditions:
- that person is introduced by you and satisfies all the eligibility conditions & requirements applicable to the booking;
- you pay any outstanding balance payment, as well as any additional fees, charges or other costs arising from the transfer; and
- the transferee agrees to these booking conditions and all other terms of the contract between us.
- You and the transferee remain jointly and severally liable for payment of all sums due. If you are unable to find a replacement, cancellation charges as set out in Clause 8 will apply.
In this section, Clause “a.” will only apply if you book a Working Holiday or Au Pair trip with us.
If you are forced to return home early from your chosen trip, we cannot refund the cost of any services you have not used and will not be liable for any compensation or associated costs you may incur.
You can cancel your chosen trip at any time. Your notice of cancellation will only take effect when it is received by us through your gWorld account and will be effective from the date on which we receive it. Please call us on 1877 744 5622 first to discuss the available options and how to cancel.
Our cancellation charges have been calculated as a genuine pre-estimate of the losses we would incur in the event you cancel your trip, taking into account the charges we will incur from our suppliers and the expected cost savings and income from alternative deployment of our human resources and services.
NOTE: The trip package balance is the amount between the standard deposit amount ($695) and the total trip package price.
NOTE:Your tentative date of departure for the purpose of calculating the cancellation fee will be the first day of the calendar month you selected at the time of making your booking.
Cancellation fees for all trips:
- 91+ days from your tentative date of departure: 50% of the trip package balance.
- 90 or less days from your tentative date of departure: 100% of the trip package balance.
Any additional services such as airfares, travel insurance, tours, accommodation, car hire etc . are subject to administration & third party supplier cancellation fees at the time of cancelling.
- Given the nature of the trips we operate, you accept, understand and acknowledge that it is necessary for you to adopt a flexible approach, allowing for the possibility of alternative arrangements to be necessary. Your chosen trip may be subject to alterations without prior notice due to local circumstances or unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances. Accordingly, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be insignificant and we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date.
- We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your trip. For example, if the minimum number of customers required for a particular trip is not reached, we may have to cancel it. However, we will not cancel your trip less than 60 days before your departure date, except for reasons of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances or failure by you to pay the final balance.
- Most alterations will be insignificant and while we will do our best to notify you of any changes as
as reasonably possible, if there is time before your departure, we will have no other liability to you.
we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible and if there is
do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of:
- (for significant changes) accepting the changed arrangements,
- having a refund of all monies paid; or
- accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable or higher standard from us, if available (at no extra cost); or
- if available, accepting an offer of alternative arrangements of a lower standard, with a refund of the price difference between the original arrangements and the alternative arrangements.
- You must notify us of your choice within 7 days of our offer. If we do not hear from you within 7 days, we will contact you again to request notification of your choice. If you fail to respond again, we will assume that you have chosen to accept the change or alternative booking arrangements.
- The above options will not be available if we make an insignificant change or cancel as a result of your failure to make full payment on time or where the change(s) or cancellation by us arises out of alterations to the confirmed booking requested by you.
- If we become unable to provide a significant portion of the services that you have booked with us after you have departed, we will if possible, make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge and where those alternative arrangements are of a lower standard, provide you with an appropriate price reduction.
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances”, meaning any event beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include warfare and acts of terrorism (and threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster and adverse weather conditions, epidemics and pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned’s control.
If you have a problem during your trip, you must inform our local representative or supplier immediately. If the problem cannot be resolved and you wish to complain further, you must send formal written email notice of your complaint to us within 14 days of the end of your trip, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Failure to follow the procedure set out in this clause may affect our ability to investigate your complaint, and will affect your rights under this contract. All complaints must be put to us individually, by the person wishing to complain only.
If in our opinion or in the opinion of our local representatives or any other person in authority, your behaviour is causing or is likely to cause distress, danger or annoyance to any other person taking part in the trip or any third party or damage to property, or to cause a delay or diversion to transportation, we reserve the right to terminate your trip with us immediately. In the event of such termination our liability to you will cease and you will be required to leave your accommodation or other service immediately. We will have no further obligations to you.
- Subject to these booking conditions, if we or our suppliers negligently perform or arrange services and we don’t remedy or resolve your complaint within a reasonable period of time, and this has affected the enjoyment of your trip you may be entitled to an appropriate price reduction or compensation or both. You must inform us without undue delay of any failure to perform or improper performance of the travel services included in this package. The level of any such price reduction or compensation will be calculated taking into consideration all relevant factors, such as but not limited to: following the complaints procedure as described in these conditions and the extent to which our or our employees’ or suppliers’ negligence affected the overall enjoyment of your chosen trip. Please note that it is your responsibility to show that we or our supplier(s) have been negligent if you wish to make a claim against us.
- We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage,
cost or other claim of any description if it results from:
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected; or
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable; or
- Unavoidable and Extraordinary Circumstances (as defined in Clause 10).
- We limit the amount of compensation we may have to pay you if we are found liable under this
- loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions and money,
- Claims not falling under (a) above and which don’t involve injury, illness or death
The maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is an amount equivalent to the excess on your insurance policy which applies to this type of loss per person in total because you are required to have adequate insurance in place to cover any losses of this kind.
The maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is up to three times the price paid by you in total. This maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and you have not received any benefit at all from your booking.
- It is a condition of our acceptance of liability under this clause that you notify any claim to ourselves and our supplier(s) strictly in accordance with the complaints procedure set out in these conditions.
- Where any payment is made, the person(s) receiving it (and their parent or guardian if under 18 years) must also assign to ourselves or our insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party and must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require.
- Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any description which (a) on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to us accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you; or (b) relate to any business.
- We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which do not form part of our agreement or where they are not advertised in our advertising material. For example any excursion you book whilst away, or any service or facility which any other supplier agrees to provide for you.
- We strongly advise you against driving or riding on any motorbike, scooter, moped or other motorised road machine (other than licensed, registered & insured transport operators) whilst abroad and you will never be required to operate any vehicle whilst participating in any of our trips. We do not and will not accept any responsibility or liability under any circumstances should you choose to drive or ride on any motorised machine and suffer and/or cause any accident, injury or damages whilst doing so.
- Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you:
- Are aware that, due to the nature of your chosen trip, there are certain dangers and risks inherent in the performance of the trip, some of which may include the possibility of extreme weather, discomfort, disease, physical exertion, injury, death, loss of or damage to property, remoteness from normal medical services and evacuation difficulties if you are injured.
- Acknowledge that general standards of health, safety and hygiene in the countries to be visited may not be comparable to Canadian standards.
- Acknowledge it is not possible for us to be responsible for events or the actions or failures of people and organisations over which we have no control and no claim can be made against us in such circumstances.
- It is your responsibility to check and fulfil the passport, visa, health and immigration requirements applicable to your trip. You should ensure that any visa which you obtain covers the full length of your chosen trip, and does not expire part way through.
- Most countries require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. If your passport is in its final year, you should check with the Embassy of the country you are visiting. For further information contact the Government of Canada or visit www.canada.ca, or contact the passport office of your home country. Up to date travel advice can be obtained from the Government of Canada, visit www.travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories. You agree to reimburse us in relation to any fines or other losses which we incur as a result of your failure to comply with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities.
Many of the services which make up your trip are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which will form part of your contract with us. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions.
If, whilst you are on your trip, you find yourself in difficulty for any reason we will offer you such prompt assistance as is appropriate in the circumstances. In particular, we will provide you with appropriate information on health services, local authorities and consular assistance, and assistance with distance communications and finding alternative travel arrangements.
Where you require assistance which is not owing to any failure by us, our employees or sub-contractors, we will not be liable for the costs of any alternative travel arrangements or other such assistance you require. We operate a 24/7 emergency line by dialling +1 647 694 0188.
These Booking Terms & Conditions and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects firstly by the province of British Columbia law or otherwise Canadian law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between us out of or in connection with your contract or booking will be dealt with by the Courts of Canada only.